Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wanted: A More Domestic Wife

We are going to have another moment of truth (.. we've been having alot of these lately.) I will be the first to admit that I am not the most domestic of wives. I do pretty well at keeping up on the laundry (.. mostly because we only have so many clothes), I keep the house pretty clean (.. it can only get so dirty with 2 people living in it), but the area where I struggle the most is making dinner. So, I decided to set a goal for myself. (.. drum roll please..) I am going to make dinner Tue-Fri this next week. (Sun/Mon are excluded due to family dinners both nights.) Now, to all you domesticated wives.. I know this hardly sounds like anything special (.. 4 whole meals.. big whoop), but in this McDowell household.. when this particular goal has been met.. there will be cause for celebration! So, to make acomplishing this goal easier for myself (.. the resident chef) I took a trip to the grocery store today, and bought all the ingredients I will need for our 4 meals. To be honest, this isn't the first time, I've tried this before. I've even made it 2-3 days, and then (for some reason or other) I just stopped. This time is going to be different though. Why you ask? Because of you! I am posting my goal on our blog so there is no backing out, I will post pictures of every meal every day.. so you will know that I'm not cheating, or giving up. By the end of next week.. we will have our more domestic wife! Wish me luck.

- The Resident Chef

6 comments:

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

Hey Amy, this is Cory's cousin Jolyn(don't know if you remember me or not). I am not good at cooking dinners eather. I don't feel confident in the kitchen and I NEVER know what to make. I found this chart on this blog that has helped so much, it is:Mondays = beans, legumes, and/or soups; Tuesdays = some type of pasta; Wednesdays = leftovers (mutual night); Thursdays = pizza (sometimes homemade, sometimes not); Fridays = some kind of meat dish; Saturdays = whatever, mom could care less, cause she's going out--YEAH!! (sometimes we switch with Fridays); Sundays = breakfast foods (except for Fast Sundays when we feast). For every meal--breakfast, lunch & dinner--we try to have fruit and/or veggies, a protein, and a carb. The blog is http://managingyourlife.blogspot.com/, sorry that's alot, but it has helped me so much and hope it helps you too. Email me at cavey@cox.net if you want me to invite you to mine, it's private:). Good luck!

THE CAVEY CLAN said...

I know this is seriously long, but i wanted to tell you that you can switch the days to your liking (of course) and on Sundays I do crockpots OR breakfast foods, whatever I feel like for the day:).

Sandi N said...

Awesome goal! I know how you feel. I absolutely hate to cook.

You know, the EASIEST DINNER ON THE PLANET is that chicken dinner my mom makes - seriously. You know - the one with the brown rice? I cook that when I don't feel like cooking. And yet it tastes like you really had to work at it. Yum!

Larry and Karri said...

So how's it coming? Let's see those pics of all those tasty meals! Cory says that when you do cook it tastes good so let's see it! :)

Larry and Karri said...

Okay lady - it's been a week! Let's have an update!

Kristen said...

haha cute post amy, but where are those pitures?! i'm holding you to it!