Friday, September 26, 2008

Thinking of Others

We have had a few accidents happen to friends and family within the last month. A few weeks ago Cory's cousin's 20 month old baby got hit by a car. She is still in the hospital, but seems to be recovering well. Her family has made a blog for anyone who is interested in donating or just keeping up on her progress. The blog is www.kissesforcallie.blogspot.com. (I have a link to it on the right side of the page.)

Last month my boss's wife's cousin and his wife (I know that's a confusing connection) were in a plane accident. It was a small plane, and they were both seriously burned. They are still in the hospital trying to recover. She has an amazing blog that will cheer anyone up when they're having a bad day. Her blog is www.nieniedialogs.blogspot.com, if you ever need a pick-me-up this is the place to go! Her sister has a blog as well, and puts updates on the Nielson's recovery if anyone is interested keeping up with them. Her blog is blog.cjanerun.com. (I have links to these blogs on the right side of the page as well.) I know this is kind of a depressing post, but these circumstances have made me stop thinking about myself and start thinking about what I can do for others, especially for those in need.

2 comments:

Katie Sterling said...

Good luck I can't wait to hear about your meals! You are so sweet and just so you know you've always been so good at thinking of others! Especially your friends! Love you!

Larry and Karri said...

That's really sweet of you to post about both people. (Made me realize how selfish I was being not to mention Callie on my blog) I did check out the nienie blog and it sounds like she is an amazingly positive person. Thanks for sharing & I hope she has a speedy recovery. :)