Sunday, November 16, 2008

Little and BIG Greatfuls

I guess I've really felt like getting into the spirit of Thanksgiving this year because this last week I have been making an effort to appreciate the little things in life. My little things have ranged from coming home to a moldy-pumpkin-free porch, or a clean front yard as I like to call it, down to listening to the birds chirping while taking Annie for more walks. I know it sounds like a scene from Snow White; enjoying nature while listening to the enchanting song of birds. I promise there was no singing along with the birds, and there was absolutely no prancing through the woods, it just made me happy to hear their little chirps. I was also grateful for things such as ice cubes, commas, dishes in the dishwasher and not the sink, and my pillow, although I've always had a deep affection for my pillow. I could keep listing all my little things, but I'm sure it would become obnoxious by the time I started on my Tuesday gratefuls, and I don't even want to know what everyone would be thinking of me by the time I got to Saturday. So I'll just end my little thing gratefuls here.

This week we got new carpet in our 2nd bedroom. This was not mentioned on my little things gratefuls list because this is a B-I-G grateful. We needed this new carpet because of Sage; our first attempt at dog-parenting. You see, she would often confuse our 2nd bedroom with the bathroom, making it necessary for us to replace the carpet after only 1 year and 8 months. Such are the woe's of parenting, sigh.

A picture from the resident chef:

It was a lazy night.

1 comment:

Larry and Karri said...

Thanks for sharing what you're grateful for. It's funny but I think that the little things that make our lives easier can be really big things to us at times. For example, I love electricity and plumbing. And cookbooks. I try not to take those for granted, because I don't know what I'd do without them!